Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thursday, July 4th, 2013;Recycled Souls

(just an idea) (for remembering)

Something seems peculiar about today, but I can't quite put my tongue on it. My vision seems clearer. My fingertips are more curious to explore the texture of already memorized surfaces. Even the familiar patter of rain upon my window sounds like sweet honey dew to my ears. The traffic outside is no longer exasperating to me. I think I may even leave to town this morning.
As I leave my room, brush my teeth, do necessary human things, the cracks in the walls are suddenly bothersome to me; peeling paint has collected itself in the corners of the rooms. Dust  has found a home on everything including my spectacles. All of the empty beer cans on the coffee table have finally made themselves apparent to me. What of it?
I leave. I come home. Nothing makes a difference. Tomorrow I won't notice anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment